Monday, December 20, 2010

Cocoa Coconut Honey Cinnamon Almond Butter

As I am running low on my current homemade almond butter, it's time to make some more! Almond butter is one easy thing to make. And it is very versatile--you can add any flavors you'd like. I've really enjoyed my honey cinnamon almond butter, so I wanted to stick with that, but I wanted to experiment a little by adding a couple other flavors. I began by preheating the oven to 350 and mixing about a cup of almonds with a couple Tbsp honey and about a tsp cinnamon.


I used my hands--the best tool.


Slightly a messy job.

 
Next, I spread the almonds on a baking sheet and placed them in the oven. Every few minutes I stirred them around and changed the sheet's direction. In total, the nuts were in the oven for about 15 minutes.


Next, I scooped the almonds into the food processor. I also added about 1 Tbsp coconut and 1 tsp cocoa. I'm not sure how much flavor the cocoa contributed, but I wanted to add it anyway. Then, I gave the mixture a whirl. 


After about ten minutes of swirling and scraping the particles off the edges, the almond butter was finished.


And, boy, was it tasty!


This creation has many uses. I like it on toast, on English muffins, on Whole Wheat Banana Oatmeal Muffins, on fruit such as apples and bananas, in oatmeal, in cookies, and by the spoonful to name a few! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)

1 comment: